Repairs and Refinishing
Another service offered by Apex Shutters is an outstanding repair and refinishing department. Repainting your shutters is the perfect option for those homeowners who are changing colours throughout the interior and need an inexpensive solution to updating the look without complete shutter replacement. Refinishing and repainting wooden shutters has become quite popular in recent times, and the results are quite remarkable.
We can paint your shutters in any colour you prefer to complement your interior design. Sometimes, one of the most inexpensive and easiest things you can do to drastically change your interior’s look is a new coat of paint. A fresh coat of paint is a sure way to brighten your shutters and create a new look inside the home.
What to Expect
- Your shutters and the framework are professionally inspected and removed by our installers and bring them back to our facility.
- At our factory, we repair and replace damaged or broken louvers, repair or replace tilt rods, and refurbish any existing tension device.
- Panels are re-glued and reinforced if there are any signs of joint failure.
- We clean all panels with solvent based products to remove dirt, polish and oils that have built up over time. This important step ensures a stable surface for the new finish to bond to, and is frequently overlooked by others.
- We bog/putty all nicks and dings. Continuing, we thoroughly sand front and back. During the sanding process, some areas will need to be sanded down to raw wood. These areas will be spot primed, and then continue through the sanding process. After a visual inspection, panels move to our spray line.
- All shutters are painted with our premium paint. It is specially formulated to give a furniture grade finish, resulting in the signature quality that we have become known for.
- Upon returning the shutters to your home, we install and adjust all panels, check the soundness of the installation, install new magnets or clips, and check the action of the panels and reinstall your freshly painted shutters, giving your interior a new look.
Most customers are surprised by the results, many indicating that the shutters look better than when they were installed originally.