25 Year Limited Warranty on Shutter Frames and Shutter Panels
The shutter frames and the panels of Thermalite Shutters are warranted by the Manufacturer against defects in material that might result in blistering, peeling, flaking, and corroding for a period of twenty-five (25) years from the date of installation. This Warranty shall remain in effect only if normal cleaning practices are followed periodically, as described in the Maintenance and Cleaning Instructions accompanying this Warranty.
5 Year Limited Warranty on Shutter Hardware and all Paint
All paint that is supplied with Thermalite Shutters from reputable suppliers is guaranteed against fading and warranted by the Manufacturer to remind in good operational condition for a period of five (5) years from the date of installation. The painted finish – will not crack, peel or yellow during this time. Thermalite Shutters can be used in wet areas.
Paint finish should be regularly cleaned to remove dirt and grime caused by the atmosphere. Apex Shutters & Blinds has a three (3) year warranty on colour fastness.
To the extent permitted by law, this Warranty is the only warranty applicable to the Shutters and it excludes all other express or implied warranties. No person is authorised by the Manufacturer to give any further representation or warranty or to assume any further obligation with respect to the Shutters. This Warranty is for the benefit of the original purchaser of the Shutters (the “Owner”).
- Product Use
The Warranty applies only to Shutters installed by the manufacturer and used strictly for the purpose for which they were intended. The Shutters are intended to provide light control only. Varying levels of light penetration between the louvres may occur. Shutters are neither intended nor guaranteed to provide complete block out conditions when closed.
- Warranty Limitations
The Manufacturer’s liability is limited solely and exclusively to repair or replacement, at its option, and under no circumstances will the Manufacturer be liable for incidental or consequential damages such as, but not limited to, labour costs for any purpose, inconvenience, damage or injury to persons or to property, or any other expense.
- Replacement Parts or Repairs
The Manufacturer reserves the right to discontinue or change any Shutter as currently manufactured. If an exact replacement part is not available, the Manufacturer reserves the right to substitute parts of equal quality at its sole option.
Exclusions from Warranty Coverage
The following are excluded from coverage under this Warranty:
- Exposure to air pollutants and normal atmospheric conditions may cause surfaces to gradually suffer an accumulation of surface dirt or stains. These are normal occurrences and are not covered under this Warranty.
- Any defect, malfunction, or failure to perform which has occurred because of unreasonable use, improper application, or failure to perform reasonable or necessary maintenance.
- Shutters which have not been cleaned in accordance with the instructions in the Maintenance and Cleaning section of this document.
- Any damage to the Shutters or components of the Shutters caused by settlement or structural defects of the building in which they are installed.
- Any damage caused by wind, hail, lightning, or other acts of God, intentional acts, accidents, negligence, or exposure to harmful chemicals or pollutants. Damage caused by improper handling or installation.
- Any Shutter which has been repaired or modified by any person other than a duly authorized representative of the Manufacturer.
Procedure and Conditions of Warranty Remedy
Warranty is only valid when full payment has been received.
Any necessary repairs will be carried out at the Manufacturer’s factory. Shutters must be transported the Manufacturer’s factory. The Manufacturer will be responsible for any costs incurred in transporting the Shutters nor for any other costs related to removal or reinstallation of the Shutters.
In the event of a warranty claim, the Owner must notify the manufacturer in writing within thirty (30) days after the defect first appeared. Such notification must contain the following:
- Owner’s name and address
- Date of Installation
- A brief description of the defect
- Proof of purchase
If the Owner is of the view that the defect should be covered by this Warranty, the Owner may, at his or her own expense, arrange for delivery of the Shutters to the Manufacturer’s factory for repairs. Upon inspection, the Manufacturer will determine whether the defect is covered by the Warranty. If the defect is covered by the Warranty, the product will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of the Manufacturer.
If the defect is not covered by the Warranty, the Manufacturer will inform the owner of costs and options related to the defect. Owner’s authorization is required before the Manufacturer will repair, modify, or replace a product not covered by the terms of this Warranty. Any costs or charges will be charged by the Manufacturer to the owner.